Marie-Helene Yung-Theron takes great care to preserve the site of the Chateau de Portets. She wishes to protect its natural beauty and has therefore opted for a style of viticulture and vinification with the upmost respect regarding the environment.
Since 2017, the Chateau de Portets has been committed to the Environmental Management System directed by the Conseil Interprofessionnel des Vins de Bordeaux (CIVB). In 2018, the property awarded the High Environmental Value Certification (HVE) level 3 with the ISO 14001 norm.
This means more improvements regarding environmental impacts for the employees, the citizens and the ecosystem such as:
The monitoring of energy consumptions
A wastewater treatment system
The tilling of the soil
The grassing-down between the rows
And using biocontrol products (plant extract products to stimulate the natural defenses of the plant, either organic or mineral) for treatments of the vines.
Reorganization of this ancient vineyard to maximize quality:
- Replanting specific plots
- A better root stalk clone selection
- Varietal balance between the Merlot and Cabernet Sauvignon
Graves Red Wine :
- The vineyard is composed of approximately 20 hectares (50 acres) of red vines
- 55% Merlot makes these wines round and very fruit forward (with aromas and flavors of ripe red fruits) with spicy undertones. The Merlot varietal brings a certain suppleness and softness to the Cabernet Sauvignon.
- 45% Cabernet Sauvignon brings the majority of the wine’s tannins, giving the wine its complexity and structure and permitting the wine to keep its intensity through the years.
Graves White Wine :
- 60% Semillon brings a mild acidity, density, fattiness, fullness as well as sweetness with notes of candied fruits and honey. The mildness of the acidity of the Semillon balances the acidity of the Sauvignon blanc.
- 30% Sauvignon blanc is a varietal that is highly influenced by the soil type, the wines tend to be very refined, delicate and balanced.
- 10% Muscadelle adds a mild pleasantness with softness to the white wine blend. The wines are round with very marked floral undertones.
Château de Portets est ouvert !
Visites uniquement sur rendez-vous, Respect des gestes barrières,
Dans la limite de 10 pers / visite
Livraison de vins sur France Métropolitaine